ANDROID APPS iN JAVA
- Learn Java programming by coding your own Android Apps
- Projects include: Flashlight, Sound Board, GPS and Jump Game
- Program apps in their native coding language
- Fun Interactive Lessons teaching real world coding
- Step by step activities with video reviews for every lesson
- Upload finished programs live to the play store
- Live Mentor chat support Mon – Fri
- Over 35 hours of content
This course is online and self-paced with auto graded quizzes and tests. It is specifically designed for youth ages 13+ teaching Java programming for Android.
Students will learn to code using the free Android Studio IDE downloaded to their own computer. Students will write all the code themselves following the online lesson tutorials. They will learn coding concepts such as: functions, accessing the hardware, GPS location, objects, arrays and androids sprite and game library. This course teaches you how to code these apps from start to finish and give you a resource to refer to as you continue to code your own apps!
This course is for both Mac and Windows computers and comes with 12 full programming lessons. We encourage students to use the live chat support for any questions that they may have along the way. See syllabus here.
This course is designed by professional programmers and updated regularly. The content itself has been designed based on the feedback of thousands of kids who have helped us test, refine, and perfect our system. Feedback from our users is very valuable and each summer we provide new free content and updates for those who have purchased this course! This course is part of the Simply Coding Pathway!
See course images and student projects below!