- Learn Java by coding multiple fun programs in its native environment
- Use the Java Swing library to learn how to code graphics and interfaces
- Fun Interactive Lessons teaching real world coding
- Step by step activities with video reviews for every lesson
- Upload finished programs live on the web, adding to your portfolio
- Prepare yourself for more advanced Java courses or the AP CS test
- Live Mentor chat support Mon – Fri
- Over 35 hours of content
This course is online and self-paced with auto graded quizzes and tests. It is specifically designed for youth ages 12+ teaching Java assuming no prior coding knowledge.
Students will learn to code using a free IDE, eclipse, downloaded to their own computer. Students will write all the code themselves following the online lesson tutorials. They will learn coding concepts such as: methods, data types, arguments, loops, arrays, objects, conditions and much more. The into to Java course concludes with coding a few different user interface projects!
This course is for both Mac and Windows computers and comes with 10 full Java programming lessons. We encourage students to use the live chat support for any questions that they may have along the way. See syllabus here.