- Learn Java by coding multiple fun programs in its native environment
- Use the Java Swing library to learn how to code graphics and interfaces
- Fun Interactive Lessons teaching real-world Java coding
- Step by step activities with video reviews for every lesson
- Upload finished programs live on the web, adding to your portfolio
- Prepare yourself for more advanced Java courses or the AP CS test
- Live Mentor chat support Mon – Fri
- Over 35 hours of content
Java is one of the most powerful and widely used languages in the business world.
This course assumes you have no prior Java experience and helps you create a great foundation by coding serval mini fun Java projects. Students will learn to code Java using a free IDE, eclipse, downloaded to their own computer. Students will write all the code themselves following the online lesson tutorials.
Have fun learning Java coding concepts such as methods, data types, arguments, loops, arrays, random events, objects, and much more. Some of the popular projects in this course are Mad Libs, Stick Game (you vs the computer), Battle Ship, Fizz Buzz, 3 Player tic tac toe, and a Picture Shuffler puzzle.
This course is online and self-paced with auto-graded quizzes and tests. It is specifically designed for youth ages 12+.
This course is for both Mac and Windows computers and comes with 10 full Java programming lessons. We encourage students to use the live chat support for any questions that they may have along the way. See syllabus here.