Course Syllabus and Lesson Planner
Assessments: There are quizzes at the end of each lesson consisting of 5 random questions. There are two timed tests.
Uploads: Students will upload multiple projects as they complete new levels and make their own games.
Length: This course is designed to be one semester worth of content assuming around 2 – 3 hours / week engagement.Lesson Plan:
- Lesson 1: Setup workspace and begin game with needed functions and game setup.
- Lesson 2: Create enemies and game play with side scrolling screen, using currency for purchase.
- Lesson 3: Using outside objects surround players to trigger events.
- Lesson 4: Clearing a level, creating full game with game over and win screens.
- Lesson 5: Using slope to find distance between objects for homing missiles.
- Lesson 6: Passing arguments between functions to create on demand objects like bosses.
- Lesson 7: Randomizing speed, locations and amount of new objects created.
- Lesson 8: Using the double click feature to allow in game upgrades to objects.
- Lesson 9: Using for loops to create multiple events appearing to happen simultaneously.