Intro to Websites & Responsive Websites
Course Syllabus and Lesson PlannerCourse Info Download PDF
Difficulty: This course assumes no coding experience and is written for beginners ages 11+
Assessments: There’s a 5 question quiz at the end of each Lesson. After students complete quiz with 100% correct the next lesson will become available. There are 2 timed tests taken in Lesson 8 and Lesson 20.
- Lesson 1: HTML, what it is and what does it look like! Using a text editor.
- Lesson 2: Starting Your own Website, create a theme for your website!
- Lesson 3: Inputs types & styles. Create a trivia question for your website!
- Lesson 4: External CSS – Linking your HTML page your CSS. Classes and IDs.
- Lesson 5: HTML 5, using Audio, Video, Div and Span tags!
- Lesson 6: Learning Padding, Margins and Floats.
- Lesson 7: Menu bars and link attributes. Create the layout of your website!
- Lesson 9: Bootstrap CSS making websites mobile friendly (responsive)!
- Lesson 10: Creating your own logo and menu bar using responsive CSS.
- Lesson 11: Responsive form inputs including drop down menus, radio buttons and text boxes.
- Lesson 20: Add your Lesson to your coding portfolio, Start Final Project!
END INTRO TO WEBSITE COURSE! START RESPONSIVE WEBSITE COURSE
For their final project students create a portfolio website as a place to put anything they create. It will become something they can take into a job interview with them and show their work. Example: https://studentportfolio.github.io