Difficulty: This course assumes no coding experience and is written for beginners ages 11+
Objective: To teach students how to code their own browser games Students will learn to code
Assessments: There’s a 5 question quiz at the end of each Lesson. After students complete quiz
with 100% correct the next lesson will become available. There are 2 timed tests taken in
Lesson 5 and Lesson 10.
Uploads: Students will upload their games in Lesson 2, Lesson 5 & Lesson 10. Their last upload will be their final project.
This course is ~35 hours of content + Final Project.
- Lesson 2: Creating and updating variables, collision detection functions, linking various
- Lesson 3: Keyboard control functions and object properties for speed and
- Lesson 4: Interval and timeout timers, creating random numbers to control location,
speed and starting location of enemies!
- Lesson 5: Background music and win screen.
- Lesson 6: Animated Character Movements including Running & Jumping.
- Lesson 7: Create multiple objects for player to interact, creating an object off of certain
keyboard key (shooting a laser).
- Lesson 8: Create, Save and Test Game Levels. Bonus Stages.
- Lesson 9: Control Background Audio, Customize and Finish Platform Game!
- Lesson 10: Upload Live to the Web and add to your coding portfolio!
live on the web.